Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Bring...Bring...Bring...

Hey there kids,

So my cell phone contract with rogers ends in about a month and I'm currently shopping for a new provider. I've really been analyzing what each company could offer me and what would give me the best value for my dollar.

Along the way I made some calculations and came up with some interesting statistics.

Keep in mind that in addition to these numbers, I also spend 40 hours/week on the phone at work.

-Over the past year I have spent a total of 10,490 minutes talking on my cell phone.
-On average, I spend 14.57 hours a month talking on my phone
-During the Spring and Summer months, I spend an average 6.1 hours more on my phone than I do during the Fall and Winter months
-My highest recorded talk time within the past 12 months was in March 2008 when I used 1475 minutes or 24.58 hours.

I think it's clear to any doubters that my preferred method of communication is via the phone...

Ok, later. -Tara

3 comments:

Matthew said...

The 3 year contract is up! And your phone is still intact, no? It seems like just yesterday that you and I were sharing your mobile as our primary phone.

dawn said...

you know if you go with MTS you can up your bundle for your TV and internet... and I believe they still have the insider plus, which is pretty much like your my5 plan, and i think evenings start earlier....

tara said...

Yes, they do have a "my 5," but it is inferior to my current 5. No incoming and outgoing calls to/from my my5 members come out of my minutes, where as with Mts they do.

As you can see, this could be a problem come the summer months based on my minute usage.

Btw, right now my evenings start at five.

All this to say, that because of my unwillingness to curve my habit of chatting with people in the morning, I'm probably staying with Rogers.