Friday, May 15, 2009

Melançon, aka, Wisteria Lane

Hey there kids,

So a while back I was perusing a blog made by two french girls living in Chicoutimi and they were posting pictures of the town taken while doing a foot tour.

One picture that I absolutely loved and was very well captioned was the following which they described as Chicoutimi's own Wisteria Lane, aka, home of the Desperate Housewives.


I couldn't help but agree. This picture is a gorgeous representation of the picturesque, suburban street.

Here's the thing: It took me about 30 minutes to realize that I used to live on this street. What's even sadder is that it also took me 30 minutes to realize that the beautiful house on the left does not actually belong to Bree Van de Kamp, but my former host parents François and Élisabeth.

Some days, it floors me how oblivious I am to certain things.

-Tara, your very own desperate housewife

No comments: