Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sour Susan turns Happy Holly in 30 minutes

hey there kids,

I'm not in a particularly good mood this morning. But never fear, coffee is on it's way, and what is surely a bi product of exhaustion and early morning brain farts will be on it's way as soon as the kettle finishes boiling.

Annoyance # 1: The weather. Currently in Winnipeg it is -50° with the wind. What the hell am I supposed to do with -50°?

Annoyance # 2: The weather. This awful weather is happening everywhere, which means that everyone will be at home watching tv. And calling me.

Happiness # 1: The coffee is ready. Mmm Starbucks :)

Annoyance #3: I switched last Sunday's shift with one for today. That's right. I could've been laughing at all of you suckers going to work today while lying snug as a bug in my bed. But no, I'm going to work in a few hours.

Annoyance # 4: Because the shift I traded for is one I have never worked before, I had no idea what time I should get up. So I ended up getting up waaaay to early with nothing to do to fill my time.

Happiness #2: Coffee and my Itunes. More specifically, coffee and this:



Now, whether you noticed it or not, I started this post as a Sour Susan and have ended it a very Happy Holly. That my friends is the power of coffee.

Ok, well, I'm slowly getting ready for work. It's a little depressing, right now it's 9:30 and I'd normally be just getting up/hitting the snooze. There's always tomorrow.....

later. -Tara

1 comment:

Matthew said...

"That my friends is the power of coffee." I love it, dear Happy Holly.