Thursday, November 13, 2008

the name game

hey there kids,

Well, it's been an interesting week.

After spending a lovey weekend with a grandma, bean and candy, I'm back to the old routine.

I picked myself up a french press the other day, and I'll be the first to say, I'm in love. Not only with my now superior (as Matthew would say) coffee, but with the intoxicating aroma of coffee beans wafting throughout my humble abode. Who knew? Matthew did, but he never told me. I think he just wanted the smell to himself.

Yesterday while I was at work with my hoarse little voice, trying not to sound like a 70 year old transsexual who has smoked their entire life, I made a woman hysterical with laughter when she thought I introduced myself as "Ronald McDonald," and not Tara.

Luckily, I was able to convince her of my true identity simply by saying, "Do you honestly think I'd be working here if I were Ronald McDonald?" NON! I'd be off gallivanting with the Hamburgler!

Anyways, that's it for me. I still sound like a 70 year old transsexual, so please bear with me if you phone me today and I don't sound quite like myself. Luckily, I have today and tomorrow to rest up before I work on Saturday. Hellooo Buckleys!

Later. -Tara

3 comments:

Matthew said...

I really need to talk to you and hear this transexual voice.

Also, my students find the fact that my name is "McDonald" quite hilarious. I've heard the Ronald joke too many times. I need to go back to English Canada where people don't think the name McDonald is so funny.

Anonymous said...

i hate to break it to matthew but they do find the name mcdonald hilarious in english canada...

Matthew said...

Yeah, but it's more accepted as an Irish/Scottish thing. The French have no idea...